Thứ Ba, 16 tháng 5, 2017

DIY Marble Cup Tutorial

Now THIS is a DIY craft tutorial, you guys. CHEAP, easy, and something you will actually love having around after you are done. The trifecta of crafting. Let me tell you about it.
I have been seeing the marbling trend all over Pinterest lately and finally decided that I had no choice but to succumb to the e-peer pressure and try it out for myself. I was so inspired by this gorgeous post where they marbled mugs and decided that might be a perfect place to start! I found my mugs for $.79 each at Goodwill and used nail polish I already had at home which means I was able to make 6 mugs for less than $5! It’s a steal with a BIG payoff that anyone can make. Plus, I’m obsessed with the outcome. I told you, trifecta.
Here’s how you make them:




Supplies:
-Mugs
-Nail Polish (stay away from quick dry!)
-Toothpicks
-Container (This will get ruined so make sure it’s old or disposable.)



1. Fill your container halfway with hot water. The hotter the better! Once the nail polish touches the water it is going to want to set and heat will slow the process.

2. With the nail polish bottle very close to the surface of the water, pour a drop or two of polish into the water. (Keeping the bottle close to the water’s surface with help the polish stay on top of the water. If you hold the bottle higher the drops will come down with more speed and sink. It’s science, or something.)
3. Quickly use your toothpick to swirl the polish around in the water.
4. Dip your mug in the water! The process is soooo fast once the polish touches the water so you’ll want to move quick!
5. Place the mug on a paper towel to dry and you’re done!






Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét