Thứ Hai, 10 tháng 7, 2017

Hanging planters for your new home

Having hanging planters is a cool way to refresh your New home

Materials
  • $5 hanging planters from dollar spot area at Target
  • flat finish house paint (any color)
  • paint brush
  • rope
  • scissors
  • washi tape

Instructions
When I got home with the planters, the first thing I did was remove the flimsy string from each planter. I didn’t like how thin the string was or the color. So, it had to go.
Next, I mixed up some custom colors, using my never ending supply of house paint. I swear I have every color under the sun at this point and it’s a lot of cans to keep at the studio BUT I love using flat interiors paint for projects like these (and pretty much everything really) because of the durability and matte finish.


Once I had my three colors mixed, I painted each planter with 1 coat of paint (1/2 way down the inside of each planter, and all the way around the outside including the bottom, since that will show when the finished pieces are hanging). I waited about 30 minutes for the paint to completely dry (the planters are porous so it didn’t take long for the paint to absorb and dry) and did a few touch ups where it was necessary.
Then, I cut long pieces (2-3 feet each – you’ll need 2 pieces of rope for each planter) of thicker rope that I already had, added a little washi tape to each end to make it easier to thread the top through each hole, and threaded the rope through. Once I had both ropes through, I tied the long pieces at the top into a strong double knot. That’s it.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét